Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms.
This experience shall include: creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files. Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level. Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages. Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure. Individual shall be able to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, email services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
• Installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of:
o Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
o Multi-vendor servers running Redhat or SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs
• Distributing computing tools such as RES, LSF and SLURM
• HPC farm systems, HPC MPP clustered systems, Front End servers of Special Purpose Devices (SPDs)
• IBM or HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
• Multi-vendor file systems such as XFS, GPFS and Lustre
• Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, System integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPC systems.
• Accepted professional certifications include:
o valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification
o valid VMWare certification
A TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.