The Systems Engineer will work with Program Directors, Test Engineers, HPC System Architects as a joint team to understand customer needs and gather, develop, and refine high-level requirements for HPC capabilities, developments, studies and acquistions. As systems and capabilities are designed, developed and delivered, the system engineer will be a critical team member, providing customer requirements, and along with Project Directors ensure that project activities are consistent with customer requirements and address all appropriate risks. Active participation in conception, design, engineering, test and delivery activities will be crucial to the success of both the selectee and HPCS efforts.
• guide the development of Agile practices for the benefit of the practitioners
• achieve transparency of management
• implement mechanisms within tools (Atlassian / Jira) to achieve results
• Coordinates most of the inputs and outputs required for an agile program
• Own cross-team coordination
• Drives the agile ceremonies of Sprint Kickoff, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives
• Optimizing the velocity of delivery
• Acting as an Agile Coach for the large organization
• Helping the team adopt and own agile practices throughout the product life cycle
o Story point estimation
o Spring Planning
o continuous delivery
• Defining the project and software development processes for the organization
• Organize activities needed to successfully execute the development processes.
• Gather and report metrics on project development activities.
• deep understanding and ability to apply Agile methodologies
• knowledge of SCRUM is important, but familiarity with other Agile approaches is highly desired
• ability to work within and apply multiple Agile approaches simultaneously
• the candidate must be flexible to meet the needs of the practitioners
• practical knowledge of Atlassian tool suite, including Jira, Confluence, etc.
A TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.