Looking for a candidate with experience in installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms. This experience shall include: creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system backups, and maintaining system configuration files. This individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level. Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages. Individual shall be to develop and implement enterprise backup/recover strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure. Individual shall be able to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, email services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
In addition to the above qualifications, candidate must have the following qualifications:
Installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of:
• Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements.
• Multi-vendor servers running Redhat or SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs.
• Distributing computing tools such as RES, LSF and SLURM.
• HPC farm systems, HPC MPP Clustered systems. Front End servers of SPDs
• IBM or HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
• Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS and Lustre
• Pre-Factory testing. Factory testing, Systems integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPC systems.
A TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
13 years experiene
OR a Bachelor's degree and 8 years experience