Seeking a hard working, self-motivated individual to fill a Network Engineer position in a fast paced customer facing environment. Provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment; Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
• Installing network applications on Cisco network servers equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolve network issues.
• Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
• Preparing data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Performing data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
• Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
• Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
• Interface and communicated effectively with customer.
• Able to work in a team environment.
A TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Must have expertise in Networking.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Doctorate and 1 years’ experience OR a Master's degree and 6 years’ experience OR a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience OR an Associate's Degree and 7 years’ experience, OR High School Grad and 9 years’ experience