• Install, maintain and improve system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
• Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
• Perform data migration tasks from direct attached storage and within SAN environments.
• Design modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
• Evaluate new technologies and architecting solutions.
• Perform daily Storage Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
• Use storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision and report on the storage infrastructure.
• Participate in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
Specific qualifications for Storage Engineer include:
• Experience of Netapp (FAS, File/Block) storage solutions is required.
• Experience with NetAPP data management architectures, including cDOT and 7-mode respectively. Experience with virtual environments.
• Strong communication skills, strong documentation skills, and the proven ability to work in a consultative role to include requirements gathering, solution design, documentation, and training.
• Interface and communicated effectively with customer.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Must possess current/active TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH
• Doctorate and 8 years’ experience, Master's degree and 10 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 15 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 20 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
• Must have expertise in Networking.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+