SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms. This experience shall include: creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files. Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems ad be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level. Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages. Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure. Individual shall be able to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR IV for HPC
In addition to the above qualifications, SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR IV FOR HPC must have the following qualifications required by the relevant TTO:
• Installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting and administration of:
o Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
o Multi-vendor servers running Red Hat of SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs
• Distributing computing tools such as ReS, LSF, and SLURM
• HPC farm systems, HPC MPP clustered systems, Front End servers of Special Purpose devices (SPDs)
• IBM of HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
• Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS and Lustre
• Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, System integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPS systems
• Accepted professional certifications include:
o Valid RHCSA or higher red Hat certification
o Valid VMWare certification