This position aids the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment. It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supports system deployments and infrastructure implementation
- Knowledge with cloud/servers/network/storage implementation and support, along with VMWare experience.
- Assembles documentation for infrastructure changes and participates in related meetings
- Completes network monitoring and deployment reports and/or metrics as determined by the customer.
- Most importantly, responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a large comprehensive monitoring solution(physical & virtual), utilizing Nagios, Check_MK & Thruk.
- Analyze new monitoring and performance monitoring systems and advise the customer on which solutions meets their requirements.
- Maintain configuration management of the monitoring infrastructure using automation tools such as ansible, chef and puppet.
- Collaborate with Storage, Network and Server Engineers to ensure applications, network devices and systems(virtual and physical) are actively monitored.
- Constuct custom scripts to monitor devices that do not have checks built into Nagios using shell scripts, perl and python
- Responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the logging infrastructure for the customer, utilizing syslog-ng and rsyslog and making sure that those systems are forwarding the syslog data to the corporate repository for all long term logging of all data
- Responsible for daily maintenance of all Linux servers to include patching/upgrading/troubleshooting issues and updating systems with security related CVEs.
- Support firmware upgrades and facilitate the repair of physical servers in the infrastructure from multiple vendors(Dell, HP andOracle)
- Support daily VMware operations by installing/upgrading/troubleshooting physical ESXi hosts and infrastructure virtual machines, building/maintaining/troubleshooting virtual machines related to down-line customer ticket requests.
- Indicate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
Top Skills Required:
-Experience NAGIOS and the ability to provide productive changes and architectural guidance for the service in the future.
-Good general experience with cloud/servers/network/storage
-Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary
-Experience with VMWare
-Experience with syslog, ansible, chef, and/or puppet
-Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems
-Shell scripting, Perl & Python
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:
Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
Required Education & Related Experience: Either a Doctorate plus 4 years ,OR Master’s plus 6 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 8 years, Associate’s plus 10 years, OR H.S./GED plus 12 years