• Experience in LINUX system administration in a virtual environment using VMWare, including installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software utilizing monitoring technologies, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
• Expemplary communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
• Provides aid for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
• Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
• Provides Tier 1 through Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
• Candidate must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
• Configures and manages Linux installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Specific requirements for Linux Administrator include:
• Cent OS 6/7 server builds/management
• Yum/Spacewalk repository builds/management
• Kickstart builds/management
• LDAP / Central Authentication
• NFS share builds/management
• VMware data stores build/management
• Linux/Windows directory management
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze Linux systems and networks efficiently
• Must possess current/active TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH
• Doctorate and 1 years’ experience, Master's degree and 6 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 7 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 9 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
• Must have expertise in Networking.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CySA+