The primary responsibility for this position is working with a management team, engineering and operational resources.
This role requires someone with demonstrated experience in leading teams that are charged with implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider). Ability to work more than one small - medium projects at the same time, AWS familiarity a plus.
Technical background in infrastructure would be a plus - by way of understanding of storage, networks, data center, and/or platform (OS) services. They will need to have a holistic view of the project and the technical intra-dependencies among the project. Help bring the technical staff together on project to fill gaps and communicate openly to get things done.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated 8+ years of experience and knowledge in managing IT projects
• Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at risk identification and management
• Hands-on experience developing and managing resource loaded project schedules using MS project.
• Ability to articulate complex resource and technical issues to a range of audiences; excellent communication skills
• Hands-on experience leading and managing enterprise level, multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams using the Agency Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile project management methodology
• Proven ability to build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors across the Agency & IC
• Extensive ability to communicate (orally and in writing) the most complex technical concepts and project information, tailoring ideas, explanations, and concepts to executive and senior managers.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
• Expert ability to identify programmatic challenges, risks, and constraints coupled with strong ability to convey well thought mitigation strategies
• PMP Certification desired
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) desired
• Knowledge of Agency enterprise technical architecture, services-oriented architectures, security requirements, and operating environments
• A broad knowledge of Agency IT components, missions and strategies
• Familiarity with Intelligence Community issues, policies, systems, and working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to examine project successes and failures and make recommendations to improve processes and practices
• Strong analytic ability to evaluate programmatic data, resolve inconsistencies and propose solutions to project issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the Agency
TS/SCI clearance with poly